Do you or your children know what to do in case your home or community is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Sadly, most families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency takes place, you most likely will not all be in the same place. For this reason alone, making a family plan is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatedesigned to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Then, just save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of water, food and other necessities in case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least 3 days
- Food – at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Know where your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Review and rehearse your plan with your family at least twice per year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so your family will be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by water, fire, mold, storm or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form